Marijuana Abuse Statistics in the US
Marijuana is one of the most often misused drugs in the world. Marijuana addiction is also quite prevalent in the US. More than 35 million persons in the United States reported using marijuana in 2015, according to SAMHSA’s 2016 National Survey on Drug Use and Health. According to NIDA, marijuana abuse is also common among young people, and the proportion of high school and middle school pupils who think it’s a dangerous drug is rapidly declining. Research on the use of medicinal marijuana to treat a range of ailments and physical disorders is ongoing. While certain cannabinoid-containing drugs have received FDA approval, the marijuana plant has not received FDA recognition or approval for medicinal purposes. Let’s delve deeper into marijuana addiction and marijuana addiction treatment in Houston, Texas.
What are The Signs of Marijuana Addiction?
Marijuana addiction and physical dependency can develop to differing degrees in different people. Even though anybody can get hooked to marijuana, there are several elements that may raise an individual’s chance of developing a drug addiction. These risk factors of marijuana addiction include:
- A mental health disorder. An individual with a mental disorder, such as anxiety, schizophrenia, or depression is more likely than an unaffiliated person to acquire a drug addiction.
- A family history of addiction. A kid is more likely to get addicted to drugs or alcohol later in life if one or more parents or close family members suffer from drug or alcohol addiction.
- Childhood trauma. It has been demonstrated that a child’s risk of getting a drug use disorder later in life is increased when the kid undergoes traumatic experiences early in life. Examples of such traumas include abusive parents, the loss of a loved one, etc.
A person who is addicted to marijuana is likely to exhibit all or some of the following signs and symptoms:
- Inability to control or quit abusing marijuana.
- Requiring more marijuana to provide the same effect.
- Having strong desires to use marijuana.
- Ignoring key responsibilities like family, job, or education.
- Experiencing agonizing symptoms of withdrawal once the benefits of marijuana wear off.
- Continued abuse of marijuana despite the negative effects.
- Engaging in risky behaviors while under the influence of marijuana.
Marijuana Addiction Treatment Options at Mallard Lake Detox Center, Houston: A Luxury Rehab Experience.
At Mallard Lake Detox Center, dealing with marijuana addiction entails a personalized, luxury rehab experience that focuses on individual requirements and preferences. Our comprehensive treatment options include a range of services, offering a personalized approach to recovery. Below are the options:
- Detox. At the onset of the journey, individuals undergo detoxification, a critical step to safely and comfortably manage withdrawal symptoms associated with marijuana cessation. Our medical staff closely monitor this process to ensure a seamless transition to the later stages of rehabilitation.
- Residential Rehab. For those who require intensive, 24-hour care, our inpatient luxury rehab offers a calm and supportive atmosphere. Residential treatment provides immersive experiences that include life skills development, group therapy, stress management, and relapse prevention strategies that are adapted to individual requirements.
- Outpatient Treatment. For those who would prefer more flexibility in a recovery path, Mallard Lake Detox Center caters to their needs by offering outpatient treatment. Tailored treatment regimens taking into account the level of addiction, environment, and personal preference allow an appropriate balance between therapy and daily life functioning.
- Intensive Outpatient Treatment. The intensive outpatient treatment option is designed for those who need more than standard outpatient programs. It is flexible but still has a structured approach, offering a variety of therapeutic techniques to successfully manage marijuana addiction.
- Dual Diagnosis Treatment. Dual diagnosis therapy is available at Mallard Lake Detox Center for people with co-existing mental health issues. The integrated approach covers the addiction and the co-occurring psychological problems to promote holistic recovery.
- Behavioral Therapies. Additionally, we offer behavioral therapies such as CBT, DBT, and motivational interviewing, which are evidence-based practices. Such kinds of therapies that address the psychological aspects of marijuana addiction assist clients in overcoming obstacles associated with long-term sobriety.
Our Compassionate Staff at Mallard Lake Detox Center Can Help You Get Off Your Marijuana Addiction.
Although dealing with a substance use disorder might be challenging, you don’t have to do it alone. At Mallard Lake Detox Center, there are lots of people who wish to support you and motivate you to keep up the good fight. Numerous negative effects come with addiction that go unaddressed. Our customized strategy will raise the chance of success for people seeking a fresh start in their therapy. Our goal is to assist in improving the lives of people. Contact Mallard Center if you or a loved one is battling marijuana addiction and you’d like to learn more or talk about our treatment options. We are among the top marijuana addiction treatment centers in Houston for a reason!